Welcome to the Friday Five link up! There is no theme to Friday Five, you can link up any post that has a list of five! Get creative!
This week's post comes from one of our Health and Fitness Bloggers Devin who writes over at the blog Run Like a Girl.
Five tips for getting the most out of your workout!
It can be difficult to motivate yourself to workout so it's important that once you get up and get moving you do all you can to make you workout worth it!
1) Hydrate- This is important to do prior to your workout. If you are planning on exercising in the morning, you should hydrate the night before. Those of you who work out at night should make sure you are drinking enough water throughout the day. And of course, make sure you hydrate during and after your workout as well!
2) Stretch- It can be tempting to just get up and go but light stretching before exercising can warm your body up and help prevent injuries. You should hold each stretch for about 20 seconds and incorporate moving stretches into your warm-up. Stretching after your workout is important as well.
3) Give it your all- You got yourself up and moving! Now give it all you've got. Whether you are running, lifting weights, or doing yoga- try to push yourself and try something new. Maybe incorporate sprints into your jog or do one set of curls with a higher weight. It doesn't have to be anything crazy but try to see what your body can do. You will be amazed! But with that being said...
4) Listen to your body- If you start to feel pain you should slow down and listen to your body. Getting through a workout is not worth a serious injury. If you feel pain in your knee while running- stop! There are other workouts you can do while you let yourself heal.
5) Fuel up- Many make the mistake of not eating properly when working out. It is so important to make sure you are eating enough calories throughout the day to fuel your body for a strong workout. Eating protein, vegetables and fruits are especially important. You must also make sure you eat protein after working out. This allows your muscles to recover and grow- making you more fit!
The most important thing is getting out there and being active. Whether you are going for a walk or training for a marathon you are using your body and getting stronger. These tips can help improve any type of exercise and make you more healthy and fit!
Thanks Devin! Be sure to check out these tips and more over at her blog!
And now it's your turn! Link up your Friday Five post below!