1. Skip the sugar and cream in your coffee. Opt for skim milk if you can.
2. Take the stairs whenever possible. Say NO to the elevator!
3. Cut out any soda or soft drinks. That includes diet soda!
4. If you plan on drinking, keep it simple. Don't go for the fruity cocktails. And try your best to limit yourself to three drinks tops.
5. Share your dessert with someone rather than eating it all yourself.
6. Shopping at the mall? Walk fast to burn extra calories. Just be sure to avoid the slow walkers or crowds of teenagers roaming around. (You can even make a game out of this...)
7. If you know you'll be eating out for dinner, eat a healthy breakfast and lunch so you won't feel guilty later on.
8. Go ice skating! Not only is it a fun winter activity to do with family and friends, but it's also a way of exercising. Of course, this is only a good idea if you can actually somewhat ice skate...
9. Don't sit at your desk all day. Take a few breaks to walk around a bit.
10. Eat whole wheat bread and pasta. Replace brown rice with white rice. It can make a huge difference!
Do you have any other tips to help keep the weight off during the holiday season?